Toady we are happy to announce that Voices Admin is now a Universal app for both Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 8.1.
We have completely rewritten Voices Admin from scratch to provide a consistent user experience across both platforms. Also, both apps share the same core, which leads to totally equal applications (with some modifications on the view side to match the differences).
Voices Admin v2 has all base features that the Windows Phone 8 version had, but provides also finally methods to delete and response to suggestions, modify tickets and also modify knowledgebase entries.
Currently, Voices Admin v2 has no live tile. We are currently looking into possible ways to integrate true push notifications for both tile and toast, provided by a Microsoft Azure backend and on possible ways to cover the costs for it. As soon as we found a prober solution, we will updated both apps with this functionality.
While we were working on Voices Admin v2, we also developed PortableUserVoice, a PCL library that allows developers to easily integrate UserVoice features like ticketing, suggestions and knowledgebase into their apps. In our experience from Windows Phone 8 on, this has in fact impact on the feedback rate as it goes up (we measured an interaction plus up to 30% for some of our apps). See this page for more information on the library.
As always, feedback is more the welcome. We hope you’ll love this new version of Voices Admin.
P. S. We have tested both apps on Windows 10, they should work on both PC/Table and Phone as they do on Windows 8.1.
As we are continuing to improve our NFC Toolkit, we have improved our integrated car dashboard. Of course we updated our standalone car dashboard as well and are now in the state of “final release version”, also known as 1.0 in the version number.
Here is what we have improved:
- as Nokia Music has been rebranded to MixRadio, we adapted the new name in our car dashboard as well.
- as we have another app that hooks into the MixRadio API (Mix Play & Share), we provided an option for Lumia device users to start this free app first to select a Mix
- improvements on reading device data like battery status and network connections
- general stability improvements
We hope you will enjoy this release as much as we do.
Busy as we are, we have already made another update for Unishare. This one contains:
- fixed error on IAP page with no internet connection
- fixed reloading of licenses after purchasing a package (opening a package in the store will now always cause the list to be refreshed)
- fixed error that occurs in countries where Unishare’s IAP are not available
- improved login expiration handling for Facebook, LinkedIn and vk.com
- XMusicShare: Share the song or album you’re listening to. We added also the option to share the cover together with your #nowplaying status. We also planned to include sharing the corresponding Xbox Music link, but we decided to include it in a future update, because we wanted to get the fixes out to you.
To close this entry, we want to thank all of you who are sending us the error reports. They are very helfpul to identify problems and fix bugs in our app. Keep them coming!
We continue to add new features to UniShare, listening to your feedback.
UniShare 0.8.6.0 comes with a fix for the never ending Yammer connecting message in case you do not complete the login process. But that’s not all.
We are proud to announce a new power feature:
multi post across Facebook (includes timeline, groups and pages)!
This is how it looks like in our app:
Providing all kind of possible combinations, you can share simultaneously to your timeline, multiple groups and multiple pages with a single sharing operation.
This feature is part of the ‘Facebook Pro Sharing’ package that is available via in app purchase.
If you have the app already installed, you can download the update soon right here: http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=ee42cb1d-8a68-41c6-9c0c-d3e3fc61d6ea
We hope all of you will like this new killer feature.