Today we got our update to version 0.8.8.0 certified to be in the Windows Phone Store.
We made some changes to our app to improve your experience while sharing.
- we fixed and error where some not connected networks did not get hidden on setting this option
- we removed BugSense due to some serious performance problems and app crashes
- Many of you requested it, that’s why UniShare now only exits on the compose page. It displays also selective message before it exits to prevent non wanted exits. Don’t worry if you don’t like those messages, you can tell UniShare to not show it again.
- We made also some changes to the image editor. It needs to be activated now before selecting an image or taking a photo and works also with photos from the library.
- minor bug fixes
Due to the recent store outage for in app purchases, we also improved this part of our application. First, we added a new page where all additional packages are listed. The page tells you what you are getting with your purchase and detects your current license states. On top of that, we are no longer checking the license state on every app start, but save them for 96 hours. After that, we are refreshing the licenses. This should avoid problems like the recent outages in future.
If you see the unlock buttons after this update again, just hit one of them to refresh and store the licenses or restart the app.
We hope you’ll enjoy the new features and bug fixes. As always, if you have any feedback for us, do not hesitate to contact us through the feedback and support page.
A few days ago, UniShare began to behave a little strange and told a lot of users to unlock the premium features again. The cause is not a bug in our app, but an outage in the Windows Store.
For your better understanding, here is how UniShare checks the IAP:
When the app starts, we make a call against a special endpoint in the Store that handles the license data. This call is anonymous for us developers, but checks if you have already bought an item (be it an app or be it an In-App-Product (IAP)). The store tells us if you have a license for the item. Based on this result, we are enabling or disabling the premium features.
The store recently returns that there is no license for a lot of users. The same thing happens also to popular other apps like 6tag or Tweetium.
Thanks to Robert Shurbet (developer of #Hashtastic), we can provide you a workaround to get the premium features back:
- switch back your region to your home region, if you are using US because of Cortana and live outside
- click on the unlock button for the feature you already paid for (if you have bought the ‘unlock all’ IAP, just select it in the Message Dialog like before)
- the IAP gets opened in the Store and will tell you to buy the item again
- click on the buy button
- the store will detect that you already bought the item:
We tested this steps successfully on our devices, being able to unlock all premium features again without spending any money.
If this does not work, please be patient as we have word that the Store team is already working on a fix.
We are currently looking into possible ways to improve the handling of your purchases in our app and will include it in the next update.
We are sorry for the inconveniences, and hope that the workaround above works for all of you.